The benefits of Brussels sprouts for human health are undeniable. The cabbage is an indispensable dietary item  and a potent therapeutic agent due to its complex chemical makeup. Regular use makes people feel better and gives them an energy boost. It is a component of diets for both weight loss and maintaining good health. But before including the vegetable in your diet, you should be aware of the vegetable’s other characteristics as well.
Health benefits of Brussels sprouts
The benefits of Brussels sprouts for the human body are really great. It is recommended to consume it regularly in order to:
- because of the amount of lutein in cabbage , the eyes’ organs can be improved;
- reducing the amount of cholesterol; 
- reducing the risk of breast cancer by 70% due to the isothiocyanates in vegetables; 
- prevention of respiratory illnesses (beta-carotene helps by lowering the incidence of acute respiratory infections and asthma);
- improvement of the digestive system and prevention of constipation;
- improve the immune system; 
- weight loss; 
- prevention of hematological system disorders.
The popularity of the crop has grown considerably since scientists announced that the product helps remove substances that provoke the development of cancerous tumors from the body and that its juice provides a faster recovery from serious illnesses.
Nutritional benefits of Brussels sprouts
Equally important to study is the content of vitamins and micro- and macronutrients in Brussels sprouts. The following table shows the amounts of chemical components:
|Amounts Per Selected Serving|
|Vitamin C||85 mg|
|Vitamin A||38 mg|
|Vitamin E, alpha-tocopherol||0.9 mg|
|Folic acid B9||31 mg|
|Beta Carotene||0.3 mg|
Benefits of eating Brussels sprouts
Brussels sprouts strengthen and revitalize people, in addition to helping to cope with women’s and men’s diseases, and are also suitable for children’s nutrition.
Brussel sprouts good for kids
In terms of children’s bodies , the beneficial properties of Brussels sprouts were fully demonstrated.Due to its calcium content, it helps to strengthen bone tissue. That is why cabbage should be on every child’s menu.
For women, it is also recommended to introduce Brussels sprouts into the diet. The useful properties of the product are due to the significant amount of folic acid in it, which is so necessary for the female body. Diindolylmethane, which is present in the product, stimulates the production of the female hormone estrogen, and indole-3-carbinol helps to inhibit the development of cells that lead to breast cancer. 
Brussels sprouts are of great benefit to men as well. It increases the activity and number of sperm cells. The product is recommended for men who want to become fathers in the near future. Cabbage can increase sexual activity in both sexes.
Brussel sprouts are good for pregnancy
Since Brussels sprouts are an important source of folic acid, it is important for expectant mothers to eat them. The substance is required for the harmonious development of the nervous system of the baby; it reduces the risk of pathologies and malformations in children. Also, the product will make up for the lack of vitamin C, calcium in the body of the future mother and will help to cope with constipation and control weight gain.
Brussels sprouts benefits skin
Regular eating of Brussels sprouts is linked to both a general increase in skin health and a slowing down of skin aging because they contain high levels of antioxidants, particularly vitamin C. Overexposure to sunlight damages skin cells and leads to wrinkles, age spots, and a decrease in skin turgor. The impacts of UV rays on skin cells are lessened by brussels sprouts, which also support collagen formation when paired with vitamin C. A structural protein called collagen provides the skin its youth and flexibility.,
Six more reasons why Brussels sprouts are good for you
Brussel sprouts weight loss
Brussels sprouts are also great for weight loss. It is often on the menu for people who watch their weight. If there are no contraindications, there are no rules for its consumption.The minimum dose per day is 300 g. But in general, since the product is low-calorie, you do not need to monitor the amount in your diet of Brussels sprouts.
Harms and contraindications of use
- Unfortunately, uncontrolled consumption of the product is impossible because of a number of contraindications. In certain cases, Brussels sprouts are harmful to health; for example, people with pathologies of the digestive system should eat them with caution. It is enough that it contains a large amount of fiber and can cause liquid stools and bloating. In this case, it is better to use it only after consulting with your doctor.
- Purines, which are contained in this cabbage, have a negative impact on the bodies of people with gout. It is also not advised to eat it for those who have problems with the functioning of the endocrine system; the product contains goitrogens, which suppress the production of thyroid hormones. It is possible to get rid of them only through heat treatment. Also, cabbage contains indoles, which negatively affect the process of iodine assimilation.
Numerous facts support the health benefits of Brussels sprouts. Men, women, and children’s bodies benefit from its varied chemical content. Vegetables should be one of the first meals offered to infants’ diets, according to several pediatricians. Any product has the potential to cause harm, so by according to the dosage and preparation guidelines, you can safeguard your family’s health.
Because of its health benefits and low calories, Brussels sprouts are widely used in bodybuilding
Brussels sprouts contain vitamin PP, which promotes the growth and strengthening of hair
It can be eaten in any form, but in the raw and boiled retain all the vitamins. Fried Brussels sprouts lose their useful properties
Brussels sprouts contain many bioactive compounds that help lower blood sugar
It can be stored in the refrigerator. Fresh cabbage will keep up to 1 month in the fruit and vegetable compartment at 3°C to 5°C.