The cabbage diet is so-called because it is based on such a vegetable as cabbage. It can be eaten alone or in combination with other foods. And, as a rule, any cabbage is harmless in any quantity.
The essence of each of the weight loss systems is very simple. Briefly: the body must spend more energy to process the product than it gets from it in return. Thus, the energy expended indigestion is not compensated. This, in turn, is the means to lose weight. In addition to cabbage, these low-energy foods include radishes and apples.
Thanks to the low-calorie and high fiber content – you can soon achieve good results. With some methods, people lose weight very quickly. Agree that a result of -10 kg in 10 days is excellent! For maximum efficiency in the diet, you need to give up junk food.
The benefits of fiber are enormous. First, it provides a sense of satiety. Secondly, it cleanses the gastrointestinal tract.
If we talk about the light versions of diets, they are there too. Of course, there will be an effect, but it will take time to achieve it. In principle, a variety of options are available to you. You can choose a certain methodology. Make your choice based on your personal preferences.
For example, let’s take the 10-day cabbage diet. During its use, you need to completely give up alcohol. It will also be necessary to reduce the consumption of salty and sweet things to a minimum. But active starvation is not required. You eat the recommended food and at the same time clean the body. There is also an active bituminization. And all this without much cost in money and time.
- 1 Diet for 3 days
- 2 Diet for 5 days
- 3 Diet for 7 days
- 4 Diet for 10 days
- 5 Diet from -10 kg to -24 kg in a month
- 6 Cabbage and vegetable diet
- 7 Cabbage and potatoes diet
- 8 Carrot and Cabbage Diet
- 9 Cabbage-Apple Diet
- 10 Сabbage and buckwheat diet
- 11 Cabbage and egg diet
- 12 Cabbage and kefir diet
- 13 Cabbage and protein diet
- 14 Cabbage and beets diet
- 15 Seven Days of Cabbage Menu
- 16 Cabbage Diet Recipes
- 17 Cabbage soup diet
- 18 Cabbage salad diet
- 19 Cabbage broth diet
Diet for 3 days
This method is designed for those who want to get fast results. It also has the advantage that you don’t have to starve yourself. This super short diet is suggested for the most impatient. Her regimen:
- In the morning. Before breakfast, warm water without gas. One hour later breakfast tea or coffee. Sugar substitute may be used.
- Lunch. Salad with vegetables, which is based on cabbage. You can grease it with the unrefined oil. The salad can be eaten in unlimited quantities. The next day, you can add a boiled egg to it.
- Dinner. Lean meat or fish. You can drink a glass of kefir with minimal fat content.
During the diet, experts recommend drinking a lot of water. It is desirable to drink mineral water or tea. To somehow diversify the menu, you can prepare different salads. For example:
- Add berries or fruit to the sliced cabbage. You can currants or apples. Everything is dressed with sauce (lemon juice + vegetable oil). As a result, we get a vitamin dish with a sweetish flavor.
- Slice and shred cabbage. Add grated carrots. Finely slice a cucumber. Add some greens and dress everything with oil or apple cider vinegar.
You can also make soup on one of the days. For this, we will need regular or Savoy cabbage. 2 onions, and 5 tomatoes. 1 celery root and sweet peppers. All chopped and then pour 2,5 liters of water. Boil until soft. Towards the end, you can add additional spices for flavor.
Diet for 5 days
With this type of diet, it is important to eat strictly according to the recommendations and at the same time. The 5-day diet includes not only salads. It is allowed to eat stews, boiled meat and vegetables, fish. Here is the recommended dietary regimen for 5 days:
- Breakfast. Carrot and cabbage salad, drizzled with vegetable oil. Two eggs (fried, if you want). Coffee/tea.
- Lunch. 150 gr. cheese and tea.
- Lunch. Cabbage soup or boiled chicken breast.
- Afternoon snack. A glass of milk.
- Dinner. Glass of 1% kefir.
This version of the diet has a number of advantages. The main advantages are effectiveness, short-term duration, and the possibility of prolonging the result. It is excellent for people who have small problems with the gastrointestinal tract. Since in the course of the diet there is a purification of the intestines – this improves the well-being of the person.
The disadvantages are the lack of satiety. As a result, weakness and loss of concentration may occur. To avoid such “failures” we recommend taking vitamins at the same time. And in any case, it is recommended to consult with a specialist before starting the diet.
Diet for 7 days
Another common option is the cabbage soup diet. Cabbage soup is its basis, but you can also use other dishes.
The 7-day diet is designed so that you start each day with soup. Unsweetened tea/coffee and mineral water may be drunk in large quantities. Of the juices, give preference to cranberry juice.
- Day 1. In addition to soup, almost all fruits except bananas can be in the diet.
- Day 2. Vegetables are stewed or raw. Use without oil.
- Day 3. Fresh vegetable dishes.
- Day 4. You can eat bananas (not more than 4 pcs.). Drink no more than 6 glasses of non-fat milk during the day.
- Day 5. You may eat meat. Chicken or beef – no more than 300 g. You may also eat 6 medium tomatoes.
- Day 6. Repeat the sixth day.
- Day 7. Brown rice and vegetables – as much as you like.
In principle, this dietary regime fully satisfies all the needs of the body. A person receives all the necessary substances and calories. But it is difficult to call it completely ideal. Therefore it is better to follow the diet during the vacation period. Well, or in less busy days at work.
Diet for 10 days
This diet allows you to lose 7-10 kilos in ten days. You can eat cabbage in raw form unlimitedly. Mineral water without gas will be used as a drink. Green tea is allowed. But the total volume of fluids per day is not more than 2 liters. Strictly forbidden sugar, honey, and salt. Sugar substitute may be added to your tea/coffee if you wish. Also, refuse any condiments.
The menu consists of:
- In the morning. Tea/coffee.
- In the afternoon. Vegetable salad with vegetable oil.
- In the evening. 200 gr. of meat or fish. Kefir.
Boiled eggs and low-fat yogurt are also allowed. But spoil yourself with these no more than every other day. But remember, at the heart of it all is the consumption of raw cabbage!
The duration of the diet is 10 days. The main thing that you need to do is to stick to your diet. Well, after finishing the diet – do not run straight to the goodies. Try to minimize eating rolls, ice cream, etc. Otherwise, the result you achieved will be gone quickly. Moreover, there is a chance that you will gain even more weight.
Diet from -10 kg to -24 kg in a month
We know a lot of cabbage diets. One of the most popular is cabbage with kefir. The vegetable can be cooked in any way you want. At the same time you can combine cabbage with different ingredients. The only limitation is fried cabbage. This type of cooking is not recommended by nutritionists. A great option can be considered sauerkraut. It can be eaten in small portions, but often.
This version of the diet – has a period of 1 month. But this does not mean that you should follow it for 30 days. Moreover – a break is strictly recommended! After 2 weeks make a pause. Its duration may be 1-2 days or a week. But during the break do not break into junk food. Try to diversify your diet with healthy foods. Listen to your body and give it something that it wants, in addition to cabbage. But under the ban in any case will be sodas and sweets. Also, categorically no floury foods. Give up alcohol.
- Breakfast. Tea/coffee without sugar (or sugar substitute).
- Lunch. 200 gr. lean meat (fish). As a side dish, only cabbage (there may be a lot of it).
- Dinner. Salad, apples, or boiled egg – at choice.
- Before bedtime. A glass of nonfat kefir.
You need to drink a lot, but not more than 2 liters in total. From drinks tea/coffee, mineral water, or plain water. For the best effect, you can do light sports.
The exit from the diet should be smooth. At first, focus on protein foods. Then gradually eat other foods. Remember that the body needs time to readjust. Well, in order to maintain the result – the diet must be healthy and balanced.
Cabbage and vegetable diet
The ideal diet for those who need to lose a few pounds in 3 days. Specialists recommend this way of losing weight only to people who do not have problems with the gastrointestinal tract. Let us remind you: the duration of the diet is three days. The frequency with which you can use it – no more than once a month.
The food regime is very simple. As always in the morning on an empty stomach drink a cup of warm boiled water. After 30 minutes have your breakfast. Prepare a salad of shredded cabbage and grated carrots. You can also chop cucumber into it. For spiciness add some garlic and herbs. Dress everything with a mixture of vinegar and vegetable oil. DO NOT SALT! There is no limit to the amount of salad you can eat.
For lunch, stewed vegetables. Cabbage is the main ingredient of the dish. You can add zucchini, tomatoes, onions. Various greens will nicely complement everything. Take parsley and celery root. We braise everything in vegetable oil. Remember that between meals you have to drink a lot. Preferably water or non-caloric drinks.
For dinner – coleslaw with fruit. Thinly slice cabbage, grate an apple and dress everything with lemon juice. You can also add mashed raspberries or currants. So the dish will be more savory and tasty.
Cabbage and potatoes diet
Surprisingly, the starch-rich potato can also be beneficial. Although, many nutritionists studiously exclude it from the menu. But there is a cabbage diet with which potatoes are ideal. In addition to cabbage, you are allowed to eat 4-5 potatoes a day. But, potatoes should only be boiled. The consumption of potatoes makes this diet quite nourishing, which is great when one cabbage.
In one day you can eat about 1 kg of cabbage. Potatoes – a maximum(!) 5 pieces. The diet regime consists of 4-5 meals. The duration of the diet is 4-5 days.
- Breakfast. Cabbage cutlet, tea/coffee, 1 potato.
- Lunch. Cabbage salad.
- Lunch. Cabbage soup.
- Afternoon snack. Cabbage casserole.
- Dinner. Leftover potatoes.
There are also disadvantages to the diet – they are contraindications. This diet is not suitable for ulcers and people with gastritis. It is also not recommended for those who suffer from colitis or infectious diseases. Others who are seriously ill should also give it up. In any case – it is better to have a preliminary consultation with a specialist.
Carrot and Cabbage Diet
As the name suggests, the diet is based on eating cabbage and carrots. At the same time, you will eat almost no other products. You will have to eat 1 kg of cabbage and carrots a day. You can eat them raw or boiled, make salads, soups, casseroles, or mashed potatoes.
- In the morning – salad.
- Lunch – carrots.
- In the afternoon – soup.
- In the evening – cutlets.
- At night – casserole.
- Before going to bed – carrot puree.
Remember, all meals are made of carrots and cabbage only. As always – refuse sugar and salt. Do not drink alcohol. Replenish fluids in your body with mineral water and green tea. Drink between meals. Do not drink more than 2 liters per day.
With this weight loss system, weight is actively lost. Plus, the work of the gastrointestinal tract is normalized – extra toxins and poisons are removed from the body. Well, if you continue to follow a healthy diet, the result will remain for a long time.
This type of diet is one of the most popular. It consists of available foods. Plus, other ingredients that go along with the cabbage diet are allowed. And another major bonus is that all meals are easy to prepare.
This diet can be used as a discharge diet. It is suitable for people who want to get into shape quickly. And in general, this method has a positive effect on the body. And all thanks to the fiber that is contained in these plants. Even when stored for a long time, there is quite a lot of it. Well, and another plus is the timing. The duration of the diet is only 3 days. Of the disadvantages, we will note – minimal variety.
You can eat as much cabbage as you want. Apples – no more than 1 kg per day.
- In the morning – salad.
- Lunch – tea or coffee (no sugar).
- Second lunch – 1 apple.
- Lunch – stewed cabbage.
- Afternoon snack – apple smoothie.
- Dinner – salad and baked apple.
How much you lose depends on the individual characteristics of each person. The average is 2-3 kilograms.
Сabbage and buckwheat diet
This option will suit those who love buckwheat porridge. The method is based on a diet of cabbage and buckwheat. You can also dilute the diet with fruits and vegetables. In total, you can eat 500 grams of cabbage and a glass of buckwheat groats per day. The amount of vegetables, greens, and fruits is up to you. The duration of the diet is 7 days.
- Porridge and sauerkraut.
- Fruit (peach, orange, etc.).
- Soup with grains, vegetable stew.
- Mashed potatoes.
- Buckwheat with vegetables, apples.
The most popular option when choosing cabbage is white cabbage. It is available and most importantly does not cost much. It is low in calories and rich in fiber. Plus it has a rich vitamin set and vegetable protein. Thus, kale is a useful and nourishing vegetable. Well, the fact that it can be prepared in many ways – diversifies the menu.
The result is a significant improvement in health and weight loss. In a week you will lose 2-3 kilograms.
Cabbage and egg diet
There are many options for the cabbage diet. And they are all quite simple and budget-friendly. Many of them allow you to lose excess weight quite quickly. There are diets that are guaranteed to allow you to lose up to 24 kg in a month. But the main problem is that you need to strictly follow the regime. And not everyone is able to endure a month. Even those who want to sit on a 7-day cabbage and egg diet must have willpower. Despite the fact that it is called “magic” – it is very strict. So if you have serious health problems – it is better to give them up.
This method involves two main meals – lunch and dinner. You can have tea or coffee without sugar for breakfast. You can have snacks – fresh cabbage and a lot of water. This will help to dull the feeling of hunger and reduce appetite. You will notice the effect already from the 3rd day.
For lunch, you can eat 2 boiled eggs, 150 grams of cabbage, some cheese, and 5-7 prunes. Another option of the food set is cabbage salad and an apple. You repeat the lunch menu for 2 days at a time. The third variation – quail eggs, cheese, apples. Well and the fourth variation – Lenten vegetable soup, 50 grams of cheese. Repeat each lunch menu for 2 days.
- Coleslaw with olive oil.
- One-percent kefir.
- Boiled egg.
- Vegetable salad with cabbage.
- Boiled egg.
- Egg and a couple of apples.
Cabbage and kefir diet
The diet on cabbage and kefir is considered one of the most effective and yet quite simple. According to this method, you can lose about 10 kilograms. The duration of the diet is 7-10 days. At the same time, you will not only lose weight but also cleanse your body. Well, its main advantage is that you won’t have a constant feeling of hunger.
During the diet completely exclude sugar, milk, and pickles. Also, smoked foods and meat are prohibited. At the same time, in addition to cabbage, other various plant foods are allowed. You can also dilute your diet with cereals. In total, this food set allows the body to eat energy. Thus, the thinning person will not feel weakness and hunger.
You will have to drink 1.5 liters of kefir per day. Drink kefir in small equal portions during the day. As for the tea, it is better to drink green tea. Limit its quantity to no more than 2 glasses per day. Of the products, you can indulge yourself with one apple and a carrot.
- Cream of cauliflower and kohlrabi soup.
- Rice with carrots and cabbage (white cabbage or broccoli).
- Beijing cabbage, celery root, and carrots.
- Broccoli, rice, and spinach.
- Rice with vegetables and Brussels sprouts.
- Oatmeal and cabbage cutlets – steam them.
- Vegetable smoothies and kefir.
- Boiled buckwheat and egg.
In order that the result obtained would be permanent for a long time – use such a diet regularly. Or you can just do days off (once every 10 days) with a similar menu. In addition, avoid frequent consumption of fatty and sugary foods.
Cabbage and protein diet
A great option for weight loss, which allows you to eat quite a lot. It is allowed to combine cabbage with a variety of vegetables. You can also eat lean protein products that you like. Like other techniques – this diet successfully fights extra weight. And a bonus can be considered the fact that it also helps to cleanse the body.
But let’s note that it is not suitable for everyone. This fact should be taken into account. Experts do not recommend it for people with diabetes and gastrointestinal problems. Also, if you suffer from kidney and liver disease – give it up.
The duration of the diet is 10 days. If you want – you can do 5 or 6 meals a day. Already in a couple of days, you will lose 1-2 kg. The result in a week is about 5 kg. At the same time during the diet, you need to drink a lot. In a day – at least 1.5 liters of liquid.
Breakfast. Slice some cabbage, sprinkle with lemon juice. Fry 2 eggs. Tea or coffee, maybe with low-fat milk.
- Lunch. Rosehip tea and 150 gr. cottage cheese.
- Lunch. Cabbage soup and coleslaw. Optionally 150g of chicken breast.
- Afternoon snack. Tea and a glass of milk.
- Dinner. Cabbage and zucchini stew and 100g of fish.
This type of diet consists mainly of cabbage. It is recommended to divide everything into days – protein and carbohydrate. These days should be alternated. A similar eating pattern is often used in other methods and by athletes.
Cabbage and beets diet
Adding such a vegetable as beets to the diet is quite justified. This “red plant” has long been known for its beneficial properties. For example, beets are very good at eliminating all toxins from the body. And in combination with cabbage – the effectiveness of purification increases. Thanks to this, the work of the liver and stomach is normalized. Also, the functioning of the entire gastrointestinal tract improves. The term of this type of diet is only 6 days.
- The mixture of beets and cabbage is the main dish.
- Meal regimen – 5 times a day.
- Fluid – water, fresh tea (coffee is strictly forbidden).
The way to prepare the mixture is very simple. You will need 2 beets, 500 grams of cabbage, 1 onion. All this is chopped, then placed in a saucepan. We add 3 spoons of water 3 spoons of vegetable oil. All cook for 15 minutes. Then turn off the heat and insist for another 30 minutes.
There are also other methods, designed for 5-7 days. They differ in the addition of kefir and or beet kvass. But there are limitations here. Such diets are not recommended for diabetics and hypertensive people. As well as those who have problems with digestion and kidneys.
Seven Days of Cabbage Menu
The cabbage diet is so varied that everyone can find something for themselves. Depending on preferences and tastes – any option can be found.
Let’s take the seven-day cabbage menu as an example. By the way, you can modify it “for yourself”. But the main thing is that the main course was cabbage soup. You can diversify your diet with fruits and vegetables. Bananas are allowed on one day out of seven. You can also consume milk, lean meat, fish, and rice. This food set will allow you to replenish the body with vitamins and minerals. Plus, brown rice is an excellent adsorbent.
- 600 g cabbage.
- 6 onions.
- 5 celery roots.
- 5 stalks of green onions.
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 sweet bell pepper.
Slice it all up. Scald the tomatoes with boiling water and remove the skin. Then pour the whole set of products into the pot. Cook for 10 minutes without the lid. Then put the lid on and simmer until the vegetables are soft.
At the same time, you can cook rice – for about 20 minutes. Then let it infuse under the lid – 30 minutes. We chop the green onions and add them to the rice, adding a little salt. Then add everything to the vegetables. Thus, we get a flavorful and delicious soup. You can eat it without restrictions.
Menu by day:
- Soup and fruit.
- Vegetables and soup.
- Soup and some fruit/vegetables.
- Milk (bananas allowed), Soup.
- Soup, and 450-500 lean meat or fish. A few tomatoes.
- Soup and vegetables with meat.
- Soup, fresh fruit/vegetables.
Cabbage Diet Recipes
A cabbage diet is a universal tool. And all because this vegetable can be prepared in different ways. It can be eaten raw, boiled, stewed, or baked. And about the number of recipes – I do not have to say. Here are some examples:
- Boil a couple of eggs. Boil about 250g of cabbage and 200g of mushrooms as well. Chop and mix everything. You can sprinkle fresh dill on top.
- Boil half a kilo of cabbage. Put it in a form. Rub cheese on top and put in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Cutlets. “Stuffing” can be made from several varieties of cabbage. Broccoli, white cabbage, and cauliflower are great complements. Subject the vegetables to blanching. Then shred them in a blender. After that, add semolina or oat flakes. Break one egg and once again mix everything in a blender. Make patties and roll them in rolled oats. Cook in an oven or steam.
- Dessert. Bananas and low-fat yogurt. Slice a banana, pour over yogurt. You can add oat flakes.
- 200-250 grams of sauerkraut and 150 grams of salmon slice and mix together. Then pour lemon juice over it.
- Chop the cabbage and boiled chicken egg. Mix everything and pour vegetable oil on it.
- Boil cauliflower florets. Slice boiled beets and bell peppers. Then mix them all up. Pour olive oil and vinegar in sauce after whisking it.
- Kale Casserole. Slice different types of cabbage. Chop carrots. Mix them all together and bake in the oven. Add a little water to the mold. Just before serving, beat an egg or two and mix everything together.
Cabbage soup diet
This type of diet has a duration of 7-10 days. All this time, the basis of your diet is soup. You will have to eat it for the whole period of weight loss. This method is very effective. But there is one disadvantage: it is monotonous. The daily use of soup is boring. But if you want to achieve a result – show willpower.
The recipe for the soup is very simple. As the basis, let’s take white cabbage.
- We will need cabbage, onion, and carrots (3 pcs.), tomatoes (5 pcs.), and celery. You can also use tomato juice instead of tomatoes. Also, try to find 500 grams of green beans and 2 sweet peppers. All this we put in a pot and boil. You can add some meat broth for spiciness.
- The cooking method is simple. Shred the cabbage and throw it in the boiling water. Then add chopped carrots, tomatoes, and onions. After that, sweet peppers, beans, and celery. Boil everything until the vegetables are soft. Towards the end, you can add greens – parsley and dill.
- This soup should be eaten every day.
- Between the main meals – eat fruit. Exclude only bananas and grapes.
- Drink – water or green tea.
Cabbage salad diet
This weight loss option is both effective and a little tough. The duration of the diet is short – only 3 days. But during this period you will have to eat only salad. You can choose one of any kind of vegetables – white cabbage, Brussels sprouts, or cauliflower.
Salad can be made from raw or boiled cabbage – as you prefer. Chop the plant, add some greens and vegetable oil. As an additional ingredient, you can make an apple or carrot.
We end up with a low-calorie product. But to make life a little more fun – you can drink lean kefir. This is done in order to avoid imbalances in the body.
Kefir is needed in order that helps to satisfy hunger. It also gives extra fluids to the body. This makes it easier to endure a strict regimen. Just note that the salad and kefir should be consumed separately. First salad, and then between meals kefir. In general – such a diet and methodology allow you to achieve good results.
Cabbage broth diet
A diet based on cabbage broth has its own advantages, against the background of other techniques. The fact is that when boiled, the polysaccharides are removed from the cabbage. Thanks to this – no gases are formed in the intestines. Thus, this type of diet is not suitable for those who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract.
A decoction is perfectly able to satisfy hunger. And this is very important in the period of the diet, as the ratio of a person decreases. True, not everyone is delighted with the taste of the broth. Therefore, we recommend treating it as a medicine. That case – when you don’t like it, but you need to take it. All the more so because in its essence it is a medicine.
The decoction to prepare is very simple and fast. For three glasses of water, you will need 200 cabbage. All you will need to boil for 20 minutes. The resulting liquid is strained by draining it. Throw away all the pulp. Drink the broth hot without salt, spices, and seasonings.
The effect of this “broth” is that the liquid is absorbed more quickly in the stomach. Plus, the warm broth satiates you and lifts your spirits. Already in a few days, the effect will be noticeable. And within a week you can really lose 5-7 extra pounds.
As a bonus, we should also note that this drink improves the condition of the skin and hair. It saturates the body with iron and normalizes blood pressure. Plus, it improves blood circulation and stabilizes the nervous system. Well, and another important fact is that it is cheap and does not require unnecessary time.