Cabbage soup for weight loss, in many variations, is one of the main types of dietary dishes. Its main advantages are low calories and an abundance of useful substances. The vegetables contained in the dish delicately affect the gastrointestinal tract. The soup is able to satisfy hunger and saturate the body with vitamins. And most importantly, the parallel weight loss, the burning of toxins and fat. Also, cabbage promotes the removal of excess fluid from the body.
- 1 The usefulness of soup
- 2 The effectiveness of cabbage soup for weight loss
- 3 The cabbage soup recipe for weight loss
- 4 Cabbage soup + celery
- 5 Soup puree
- 6 Cabbage soup with broccoli and spinach
- 7 Soup with brown rice
- 8 Cabbage soup with beans
- 9 Cabbage soup with mushrooms
- 10 Cabbage soup with lentils
The usefulness of soup
Cabbage leaves effectively satisfy hunger because they quickly fill the stomach. At the same time, this vegetable has a low caloric value. Only 100 grams of the product, depending on the variety, contains 20-30 kcal. Also, the plant acts as a “drainage”, removing excess fluid from the body.
Due to its coarse structure, the dietary fiber in the leaves is good for cleansing the intestines. For better assimilation of the product – it is better to boil or stew cabbage.
This soup should be included in the diet for weight loss. Its advantage is that it gives the body less energy than it will take to digest it.
The effectiveness of cabbage soup for weight loss
During the diet, experts allow you to eat soup several times a day. Because of its low-calorie content – frequent eating will not cause any harm. Plus, you can add some chicken fillets to the soup. The chicken will help maintain muscle mass. But, remember that the last meal should be at least 2 hours before bedtime.
When dieting with cabbage soup – you can lose 3-5 kg in 1 week. This is achieved by removing excess moisture from the body. Also, cabbage soup successfully burns fat and cleanses the intestines. Well, and after completing the diet, it is recommended to eat a more balanced diet. This will allow you to consolidate the result for a long time.
The cabbage soup recipe for weight loss
The basis for the soup is naturally cabbage. You can choose from Peking, Brussels sprouts, white cabbage, kohlrabi, romaine, broccoli, or kohlrabi. In addition, you can also add other vegetables. For example, onions, celery, carrots, garlic, zucchini, potatoes, tomatoes and bell peppers. Cereals can be added for more satiety. Rice, beans, lentils, peas, or buckwheat are great.
Useful properties of white cabbage:
- It has a lot of protein. More than in beets, turnips, rutabagas, and carrots.
- The protein in kale is just as high as in a chicken egg.
- It contains tartaric acid, which reduces the risk of obesity.
- Tartaric acid disappears when boiled. That is why overweight people should eat it raw.
The soup can be made with water or with chicken (nonfat) or vegetable broth. When the dish is ready – you can sprinkle it with fresh herbs. Finely chopped parsley, dill, or coriander will do well.
The cooking process
First, thoroughly wash all the vegetables in running water. Cut cabbage leaves into small pieces. Slice carrots into thin slices. Peppers, potatoes, zucchini – in small cubes. Onion, garlic, and celery – finely chop.
Then fry onion, carrot, and garlic in olive oil. Next, everything is stewed until tender. After that, all vegetables are added to the boiling water or broth. In order to make the dish more nutritious, season it with grits.
Cabbage soup + celery
Celery is the kind of plant that makes a great addition to cabbage dishes. It goes well with almost all varieties. In addition, celery has minimal calories. In 100 grams of the product contains only 14 kcal. This recipe also involves the use of sweet peppers. You can use peppers of different colors – it will be beautiful. So:
- Sweet peppers – 4 pieces of medium size.
- Celery – 300-350 gr.
- White cabbage – 500 gr.
- Tomatoes – 4-5 pcs.
- Onions – 1 piece.
- Fresh herbs – 50 gr.
Of spices, you can add a little salt and ground pepper (to taste). You will also need vegetable oil to fry the vegetables.
Useful properties of celery:
- Protects against cancer.
- Reduces cholesterol levels.
- Improves potency.
- Good for the heart.
- Good for gout.
- Improves lung function.
- Fights kidney stones.
- Useful in the excretion of stones.
- Rinse all the vegetables thoroughly.
- Chop the tomatoes into cubes. You can remove the skin if you don’t like it.
- Remove the seeds from the bell peppers. Cut the flesh into medium squares.
- Cut the cabbage into small slices.
- Also finely chop the onion and celery.
- Take a frying pan with high sides. Grease it with vegetable oil and heat it up. When the pan is hot, pour onions on the bottom.
- After 1-2 minutes add tomatoes, celery, and peppers.
- All fried for 2-3 minutes, stirring thoroughly.
- Then add the cabbage. All stirred and cook for another 2 minutes.
- At the same time, we put a pan with water on the fire.
- Once the water boils, add our vegetables to the pot. You can lightly salt and pepper the dish.
- Cook the soup for about 15 minutes.
After everything is cooked – leave the soup covered. After the soup has infused – you can eat it.
This type of soup is prepared relatively quickly – 30 minutes. The finished dish can be dressed with low-fat sour cream or yogurt. As a base, you can choose several varieties of cabbage. Ingredients:
- Peking cabbage white cabbage and broccoli. Each type – 200 gr.
- Celery – 120-150 gr.
- Garlic – 2-3 cloves. You can take both fresh and dried.
- A little salt and dried Zira.
- 100-150g of romaine sprouts.
- Olive oil.
- Leeks – 100 gr.
Useful properties of broccoli:
- One broccoli contains 2.8 g of protein, 0.4 g of fat, 6.6 g of carbohydrates.
- A lot of fiber.
- Contains sulforaphane.
- 100 grams of cabbage contains the daily rate of ascorbic acid.
- Cut the white cabbage into small slices. Roma cabbage is divided into florets. Cabbage cauliflower is not thrown away but washed thoroughly. It is also finely sliced and used in cooking.
- Pour 1.3-1.5 liters of filtered water into a pot. Bring the water to a boil.
- In the boiling water, we throw the prepared cabbage. Add some salt and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Then we add chopped broccoli and shredded Peking cabbage to the soup.
- After chopping celery and onion – also add them to the pot.
- Next, turn the heat to medium. All vegetables cook for at least 10 minutes.
- After that, with a blender, we grind the vegetables to a state of puree. You can add a little salt to taste.
- Warm-up a frying pan, add a little vegetable oil. Then fry the cumin in it.
- Zira fry until it starts to smoke slightly. After that, add finely chopped garlic.
- Then fry everything for about 1 minute until the smell of garlic appears.
- At the end add our roast to the soup puree. Stir everything thoroughly and let it stand.
It is recommended to eat the dish hot.
Cabbage soup with broccoli and spinach
This type of soup is very hearty. To make the diet more enjoyable – add a poached egg to it. If cooked correctly – the yolk will flow out and blend nicely with the broth.
- The base is 1.5 liters of liquid. Chicken or vegetable broth. You can use filtered water.
- 100-150 grams of spinach.
- 800-900 grams of broccoli.
- 4 medium potatoes.
- 3 garlic cloves.
- 5 sprigs of thyme.
- 1 bay leaf.
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (9%).
- 6 chicken eggs.
- A little fresh dill.
- A little salt and chili flakes.
- Freshly ground black pepper or sweet bell pepper.
- 1 leek. Both parts of the stem (white and green).
- Olive oil.
Useful properties of spinach:
- Spinach is stored in the refrigerator for no more than 1 week.
- Because of the many nutrients and minerals – spinach is good for your eyesight. It also improves thyroid function.
- Wash and finely chop the leeks.
- Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Rinse and break the broccoli sprouts into florets.
- Chop the garlic with a crusher or knife.
- Place the prepared onion in the bottom of a heated pan. Press the bottom of the pan with oil. Then salt everything.
- Fry the vegetables in the pan for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. They should become soft.
- Next, add the chili flakes and rinsed chopped potatoes. Then add the garlic.
- All well stir and pour the prepared broth.
- After the soup boils – throw in the pot the bay leaf, broccoli, and thyme. Stir everything.
- Boil our dish until the potatoes are cooked.
- Then turn off the heat and take out the bay leaf. After that, using a blender, grind everything to a purée.
- Then add spinach, pepper, and salt and cover.
- After 3 minutes stir everything again.
- In the next step, heat pure water in an additional bowl.
- Simultaneously break one egg in a bowl. Try to preserve its yolk.
- Once the water boils, pour in a little vinegar and salt. Then stir everything so that a funnel is created in the center. Pour the egg into the funnel. Then heat it up very slowly.
- After that, after 3 minutes take out the egg carefully without damaging it. This way you can boil all eggs.
Pour the soup onto plates. Put the poached eggs on top beautifully. All this can be splashed with olive oil. Also add chopped greens.
Soup with brown rice
This recipe for cabbage soup for weight loss is quite hearty. Before making it – rinse rice thoroughly in cold water. In principle – you can use any kind of rice. Just note that brown rice is the best for weight loss.
- 3 cups pure filtered water.
- 900-1000g of white cabbage.
- 150g brown rice.
- 30-40 ml. olive oil.
- 10 gr. garlic.
- 1 onion.
- 40-50 gr. low-fat hard cheese.
- Spices – salt, pepper, etc.
- 1 tablespoon vinegar.
Useful properties of brown rice:
- Brown rice helps to eliminate toxins and impurities.
- It contains many complex carbohydrates and no gluten.
- Slice the cabbage thinly.
- Put the cabbage in a deep bowl, lightly salt, and mix everything with your hands.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Put a deep frying pan on fire. Pour oil in it and pour onions.
- Fry onions until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Peel garlic cloves, crush them with a knife or crusher. Add it to the pan.
- Saute onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add the cabbage, salt, and other spices. Stir everything thoroughly.
- Add a little wine vinegar, stir again and cover everything with a lid.
- Braise everything on medium heat for about 10 minutes. Stir everything from time to time.
- After that – put everything into a pot and pour water on it. You can use broth. Next, put everything on the stove for cooking.
- Add the rice and stir everything again.
- Then cook everything for about 20-25 minutes.
- At the last stage add grated cheese and turn off the fire.
You can serve it nicely with some finely chopped herbs on top.
Cabbage soup with beans
This kind of soup comes out not only very hearty but also quite tasty. In order to prepare the dish suit canned or fresh beans. If your choice fell on the raw beans – first boil them until tender.
- 200-250 grams of brussels sprouts.
- 1 cup beans.
- 300-350 gr. chicken fillet.
- 2 carrots.
- Spices – salt and pepper, to your liking.
- You will also need 2 onions.
Useful properties of beans:
- Rich in minerals and iron. In 100 grams. product contains half the daily allowance of iron.
- It helps fight cancer, atherosclerosis, and heart disease.
- It helps with constipation and food poisoning.
- Peel 1 onion and 1 carrot and place them in the bottom of the pot.
- Add the meat and fill everything with water so that it completely covers everything.
- Put the pot on the stove and start boiling everything.
- Once the water boils, simmer everything for about 30 minutes. The main criterion – the readiness of the chicken.
- After that – take out of the pot vegetables and meat. The vegetables can be thrown out, and the meat cools on a plate. You can also strain the broth, removing the rest of the products.
- Cut the filet into small pieces.
- Finely chop the rest of the raw onions.
- Slice or grate the rest of the carrots.
- Take a frying pan, heat it with olive oil on the bottom. Add there the prepared vegetables.
- Fry everything for 3-4 minutes, not forgetting to stir. Then turn off the heat.
- Prepare the Brussels sprouts – cutting them in half. And then add it to the broth.
- Then put the pot on the stove, bring it to a boil. Cook the cabbage until tender.
- Next, add the beans, roasted vegetables, chicken meat, and spices to taste. Stir everything.
Cook everything for about 5 more minutes, then turn off the heat. Close the lid tightly and let stand for another 5-7 minutes.
Cabbage soup with mushrooms
A distinctive feature of this type of soup is its base. This type of soup is cooked on the basis of mushroom broth. The finished product has a divine aroma and rich flavor. If desired, if there are no mushrooms, you can use vegetable broth or water. And of mushrooms, the choice can be made between mushrooms or oyster mushrooms.
- 2 liters of chicken broth.
- 1 carrot.
- Half a sweet bell pepper
- 2 potatoes.
- Half an onion.
- 250g of cauliflower.
- Spices (salt, pepper).
- 150 gr. mushrooms.
- Vegetable oil.
Useful properties of mushrooms:
- Improve immunity and normalize hormones.
- Reduce cholesterol.
- Fight cancer.
- Detoxify radioactive substances and heavy metals.
- Stimulate brain function.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes.
- Pour the broth into a pot and put it on the fire.
- When the broth boils, add the potatoes.
- Boil potatoes until they are not fully cooked. After that, in the soup is added cabbage, stripped into florets. Then we boil it for 3-5 minutes more.
- Finely chop onions. Mushrooms are thoroughly washed and shredded in slices.
- Chopped onions put in a pan and fry in oil.
- Fry the onions until they become transparent over low heat. Then add the mushrooms.
- Fry everything again for 3-4 minutes.
- After that peel one carrot and grate it.
- Peppers are washed, then cut out the seeds. The flesh of the pepper we cut into small pieces.
- Next, add all these vegetables to a frying pan and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- The final stage is to add the vegetables from the skillet to the pot. Stir everything and cook for 3 minutes.
At the end add chopped fresh herbs and the dish is ready.
Cabbage soup with lentils
This type of soup is quite simple and very appetizing. The tomato juice used in it adds spice. And fresh herbs and green onions – give summer energy.
- 150 gr. white cabbage.
- 2 onions.
- 1 cup green lentils.
- 1 carrot.
- 1.5-2 liters of broth (from vegetables or chicken).
- A little parsley.
- 300 ml. tomato juice.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
Useful properties of lentils:
- Regenerates cells.
- Controls weight.
- Contains many vitamins and minerals.
- Fights cancer.
- Improves brain function.
- Peel the onion and finely chop it.
- Grate carrots on a coarse grater.
- Peel garlic.
- Finely chop parsley (stalks).
- Pour it all in a frying pan, preheat it, and pour oil.
- Stir and cover with a lid.
- Braise everything for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Warm-up in a pot of broth.
- Lentils are washed in running water and pour into the boiling broth. You can add more cumin and turmeric.
- All cook for 5 minutes. Then add tomato juice and stir it.
- Then cook it all for another 10-12 minutes.
- At the end add chopped cabbage, roasted vegetables, and spices. Stir and cook all for 3 minutes.
The soup can be served as a simple separate dish or with sour cream.
To make your diet cabbage soup tasty and healthy – follow the rules:
- For cooking, take only fresh cabbage. It contains the most nutrients and minerals.
- To make the dish more refined – use tomatoes. They can be in the form of berries and the form paste or juice. It is best to take a homemade product. You can also use canned. As an alternative – green apples.
- Before there how to boil or stew sliced cabbage – crush it with your hands. Also, do not forget to salt it lightly.
- Add fresh chopped greens only at the end.
The cooking process itself is highly time-sensitive. Strictly adhere to our time limits. This is very important because we are not just making soup, but a dish for weight loss. Therefore, the vegetables should not be overcooked. Each of the soups – is better to infuse. After it is cooked – keep it under the lid for 5-10 minutes. This will make the soup more flavorful and tasty. Eat the soup only hot and right after you boil it.