This method is one of the most popular systems for weight loss. The advantage of the cauliflower diet is effective weight loss. Plus it significantly improves the work of the whole body.
- 1 The essence of the cauliflower diet
- 2 Advantages and disadvantages
- 3 How much weight can be lost
- 4 Recipes, Rules, and Menus
- 5 A few recommendations
- 6 The effectiveness of the cauliflower diet
The essence of the cauliflower diet
The main feature of cauliflower is the low-calorie content of the plant. 100 grams of the product contains no more than 30 calories. It is due to this property – it is the first choice for thinners. Also, note its negative calorie content. That is – your body will spend more energy for processing than it receives in return.
- Fiber – it cleanses the intestines.
- Normalizes the function of the gastrointestinal tract and improves digestion.
- Contains antioxidants that slow aging and fight toxins.
- Contains folic acid, which helps in the absorption of vitamin B.
- Reduces blood cholesterol levels.
Advantages and disadvantages
Before starting this diet, you need to assess its pros and cons:
- A large choice of menu options.
- Thanks to the satiety of dishes – you will not have a feeling of hunger.
- Extremely useful.
If we talk about the disadvantages, there is only one – the severity of compliance with the diet. For weight loss, you will choose for yourself 1-2 dishes. In the future, you will have to eat only them. Many people can’t stand it and “break off”. So – have patience and willpower.
How much weight can be lost
This method allows you to lose up to 7 kilograms of weight in 1 week. But, for this result, you will have to stick to restrictions. Otherwise, you will lose a maximum of 3 kg.
The total calories per day – up to 1200-1300 Kcal. There are more stringent forms of the diet with a ratio of up to 800 Kcal.
We recommend these products for eating during the diet:
- Cereal cereals.
- A variety of vegetables.
- Various greens.
- Lean meats.
- Fish (minimal fat).
- Nonfat dairy products.
A total ban on fatty foods and sweets. Also, give up fried foods. These all contain a lot of calories, plus they worsen your metabolism.
Recipes, Rules, and Menus
- You can boil the cabbage, stew it, or eat it raw.
- So that you are not hungry – eat often, but in small portions. Also, drink plenty of water.
Cabbage + rice
This diet lasts for one week. It is one of the most strict and effective. You need to:
- Eat only cooked rice and cabbage.
- You can drink no more than 1 liter of kefir with minimum fat content per day.
A more gentle method of avoiding hunger. Its duration is two weeks.
- Cabbage and starch-free vegetables (mushrooms, asparagus, spinach, turnips, broccoli, etc.).
- Eliminate other foods from your diet.
- Drink a lot.
Cabbage + kefir
A three-day diet option. The combination of the proposed products perfectly cleanses the intestines and eliminates constipation.
- You can eat no more than 1 kilogram of cauliflower per day. Eat them in raw, boiled, or stewed form.
- Drink 1% kefir, not more than 1.5 liters.
Experts suggest two variants of this technique:
- 1.5 kg of boiled cabbage per day, for a period of 3 days.
- Only dinner with boiled cauliflower – period of 1 month.
In addition to eating fresh cauliflower, you can use a vegetable that has been frozen. In this case, it can be used to make salads. Here is a sample diet regime:
- Breakfast – 100 gr. Cottage cheese with berries, tea/coffee without sugar.
- Lunch – nuts.
- Lunch – soup with cabbage and 100 gr. Boiled low-fat meat.
- Afternoon snack – natural morsel.
- Dinner – 150 gr. Cabbage salad.
Cabbage + Eggs.
A great option for losing weight 3/3. That is, you are guaranteed to lose 3 pounds in 3 days. Here is our menu:
- In the morning – boiled egg.
- At lunch – some green apples.
- Evening – cauliflower as a salad or boiled.
Mashed Potato Soup
If you want to lose up to 5 kg in 5 days – this is the perfect diet. You will need to make a thick soup out of cabbage.
- The ratio for a day is 1.2 liters of soup.
- Any other products are prohibited. Drink a lot of water.
A few recommendations
Cooking boiled cauliflower:
- Rinse the vegetable thoroughly under running water. Then throw it in a pot with boiling water.
- Boil for 20-25 minutes. Check for the readiness of the plant – it can be easily pierced with a knife.
Recipe for puree soup:
- Finely chop potatoes, carrots, and onions. All this fry in vegetable oil. After that, add water, bay leaf, and a little pepper. Then cook everything.
- Cauliflower divided into florets. It should be boiled separately.
- Our boiled vegetables strain to get rid of water. Pour the broth into a separate bowl. After that, all the vegetables are chopped in a blender.
- As the last step, everything is mixed with the broth. The dish can be slightly salted.
Recipe for a salad
- It is necessary to boil the cabbage. Then take it out, let it cool and divide it into parts. At the end all sprinkle with vinegar.
- Chop the greens finely, add and mix.
The effectiveness of the cauliflower diet
If you choose one of the methods described above, you will achieve the desired result. You will lose weight and improve your health. After all, in addition to losing weight there are other positive aspects:
- Normalized stool.
- Improves the skin.
- Adjusts the metabolism.
In addition to the diet itself is important and exit it. You can not abruptly start eating junk food. Replace cauliflower with other products and change your diet gradually. Otherwise, you will put a lot of stress on your body. It can cause problems with the gastrointestinal tract and stomach.