If you started reading our article – then you want to get rid of extra pounds. Moreover, you not only want to lose weight but also to do it quickly. If so – we have great news for you! Diet on cabbage soup – solve your problem!
Cabbage soup for weight loss, in many variations, is one of the main types of dietary dishes. Its main advantages are low calories and an abundance of useful substances. The vegetables contained in the dish delicately affect the gastrointestinal tract. The soup is able to satisfy hunger and saturate the body with vitamins. And most importantly, the parallel weight loss is due to the burning of toxins and fat. Also, cabbage promotes the removal of excess fluid from the body.
What do we know about this diet?
You’ve probably heard of this diet. It is also known in the world as the Dolly Parton diet. Or the Mayo Clinic diet. If – yes, then you know that through this diet you know that you can lose up to 4.5 kg in just one week through this diet.
Cabbage leaves effectively satisfy hunger because they quickly fill the stomach. At the same time, this vegetable has a low caloric value. Only 100 grams of the product, depending on the variety, contain 20–30 kcal. Also, the plant acts as a “drainage,” removing excess fluid from the body.
Due to its coarse structure, the dietary fiber in the leaves is good for cleansing the intestines. For better assimilation of the product, it is better to boil or stew cabbage.
The effectiveness of cabbage soup for weight loss
During the diet, experts allow you to eat soup several times a day. Because of its low calorie content, frequent eating will not cause any harm. Plus, you can add some chicken fillets to the soup. The chicken will help maintain muscle mass. But remember that the last meal should be at least 2 hours before bedtime. 
Who is suited to the cabbage soup diet
This weight-loss method is usually used by girls. All of them can be divided into two categories:
The cabbage soup recipe for weight loss
Actually, there’s nothing new about the modern way of making soup. It is prepared in the same manner as it was in the 1950s. However, modern technology makes it possible to speed up the process. Previously, the soup had to be cooked for about an hour. But our research has shown that during this time, the vegetable loses its usefulness. We have shortened the process. First, we bring the dish to a boil. Then cook for no more than 20 to 30 minutes. And the finished soup is completely safe to eat.
The soup’s base is, of course, cabbage. You can choose from Peking, Brussels sprouts, white cabbage, kohlrabi, romaine, broccoli, or kohlrabi. In addition, you can also add other vegetables. For example, onions, celery, carrots, garlic, zucchini, potatoes, tomatoes, and bell peppers Cereals can be added for more satiety. Rice, beans, lentils, peas, or buckwheat are great.
For the soup we will need:
- Green cabbage – 1 cabbage.
- One large onion.
- Celery (stalks 5-6 pieces).
- One green pepper.
- Canned tomatoes in their own juice.
- Juice of 8 vegetables (if you can buy) 1.3 liters. If no juice, 4 cups water.
- Olive oil (no more than 1 teaspoon).
- Half a teaspoon of hot sauce (to taste).
- First, finely chop all the available vegetables.
- Then fry the onion in vegetable oil for a few minutes.
- Add pepper and celery to the onions – fry for 4-5 minutes.
- In a saucepan we pour the juice, throw a few cubes of broth. Immediately add tomatoes. We put everything on a small fire. If everything is chopped finely – cook for about 15 minutes. Readiness is determined by the fact that the vegetables have become soft.
- After that add shredded cabbage. Cook +/-10 minutes.
Cabbage soup diet – Meal Plan
Many people want to lose weight faster and, in addition to dieting, do sports. Yes, physical exercise will help you. But it is necessary to approach everything wisely. It is not necessary to begin running 10 km races all at once. Do not overload the body. It is better to do light exercise—yoga, swimming, or long walks.
- Don’t starve yourself. Eat the diet unrestrictedly. If you feel hungry, it means that you have violated the diet. If you do not follow all the instructions, there will be no effect.
- Give up salt. There is no need to salt the soup. Do not use substitutes or sea salt.
- Drink only water. Juice is okay on the days listed on the menu. There is a lot of unnecessary information on the Internet, where they write that you can juice… It is not true! You want to lose 4 kg, not 2; strictly follow the diet!
- Do not change the recipe for the soup. Do not improvise and add extra elements to the soup. The same “harmless” carrot will greatly affect the effect. For example, 250 grams of carrots is a lot of sugar. Sugar equals calories. Get it?
- Tea and coffee—you can indulge in them, but without sugar and cream.
As we wrote above, most diets are a long-lasting process. You have to wait a very long time for the desired result. And most of us, not seeing the effect, give them up. And here’s the plus side of the cabbage soup diet: you will see changes in just one week. Yes, the effect is short-term. But why not use it as the first step? When you see your transformation, it motivates you greatly. That way, you can begin to change yourself in the long term. After all, it’s no secret that being overweight is bad for your health.
We have given you all the information so that you can get rid of up to 4.5 kg in a week. But note that a lot depends on your mood. If you set a goal, you will achieve it!
We’ve been sent over 10 amazing low carb success stories and get more all the time. Start with a few, below, or check out the links to all success stories, sorted by category:
Video: The cabbage soup diet
Yes, this diet is absolutely safe for your health. The entire weekly menu is based on low-calorie foods
Yes, you can change your diet or substitute soups. You can make other soups: Cabbage soup + celery, Soup puree, Soup with brown rice
This diet is short-term, it is more suitable for the first step and motivation
If you go back to fatty foods after dieting, you will gain weight again
The results show that you can burn 3-5 kg of fat in a week